07-07-2020 9:41:54 PM EST
6 Parental Tips for self-Care during a Crisis
As parents, it is reasonable to feel uneasy, worried, disorganized and irritated currently. However, in dealing successfully with your own emotions, you’ll be better positioned to take care of and model behaviors in a positive way to help to decrease stress. Here are 6 Tips you can do to take care of yourself during these challenging times.
1.Make sleep part of your self-care routine-Set a time to go to bed
2. Reducing stress is also key. Think about the best ways to calm yourself- relax more.
3. Pay attention to your emotions and thoughts- your thoughts become you. Remember, you are in control of our own thoughts, which in turn control your emotions and your actions.
4. Eat well -The types of foods you eat influence the bacteria that live in your stomach, this can be positive or negative.
5. Exercise- it is difficult to go to the gym currently, so try to incorporate other exercises, such as walking, tennis, or yoga, which may be able to fit into your schedule more easily. The most important thing is to create a routine that works for you.
6. Reach out and Communicate - It is difficult now with social distancing. However, Social/physical distancing does not have to mean your children or your extended family members feel alone or isolated. Make greater use of phones, online communication tools (group video conferencing) and social media to keep in touch with family, friends, and neighbors.
Practicing those 6 tips over time is likely to help you better navigate challenging times and crisis.
What are some ways , you take care of yourselves during a crisis. Share your thoughts!
02-08-2020 10:27:13 PM EST
02-08-2020 10:09:49 PM EST
02-08-2020 9:52:24 PM EST
03-27-2018 1:12:16 PM EST
Dr. Marcia Presents How to Take the Stress out of parenting a Challenging child with these 12 tips
Prevent Child Abuse America www.preventchildabuse.org
The National institute of Child Health and Human Developmentwww.nichd.nih.gov
Childhelp-National Child Abuse Hotlinewww.childhelp.org
U.S. Department of Educationwww.ed.gov
Feeling Stressed and Out of Control, we can help! We provide Learning activities and Curriculum with practical activities to help you Stay in Control.
Call Us 813-507-5775